Camellia sinensis ‘Juliette Tea’ is a Tsubaki Tea Original. An excellent vigorous grower, it has a dense upright growth habit and produces pink flowers. The name was inspired by Savannah’s own Juliette Gordon Low, founder of the Girl Scouts.
- Species: Camellia Sinensis
- Bloom Color: Pink
- Bloom Size: Small
- Bloom Form: Single
- Bloom Season: early fall
- Growth Habit: Dense, vigorous growth
- Leaf Structure: Medium leaf tea with smooth foliage
- Maintainable Height: 4-6′
- Maintainable Width: 4-6′
- Light Preferences: Full sun to filtered light
- Plant Uses: Accent Plant, Foundation Plant, Screen or Hedge, Container Plant
- Special Characteristics: Camellia sinensis tea plants are used for making tea.
- Cold tolerant to 25ºF on healthy, well established and adequately hydrated plants for short periods
IN THE GARDEN
C. sinensis ‘Juliette Tea’ is a good plant for the garden. It is evergreen, dense but vigorous growing and it produces small pale pink blossoms in the fall of each year. It can be used for screens, hedges, container plantings or accent plantings.
IN THE CUP
C. sinensis ‘Juliette Tea’ can be used for making your own tea. The growth habit is vigorous so it will continue to provide excellent tea leaves for long season harvesting.